Root Canal Therapy: Let Us Calm You
Yes, root canals are rumored to be an unpleasant experience; however, root canal therapy actually relieves pain by removing the infection and saving the tooth. At Greeley Dental Health, our staff can perform a root canal treatment that will preserve your tooth and your oral health. Oftentimes a tooth infection can become increasingly harmful to your health with implications that can cost your life.
Is a Root Canal Necessary?
There are several symptoms that allow us to know if a root canal is needed. A few common indicators include:
- Tooth discoloration
- Bad breath or foul taste in mouth
- Tenderness or swelling in the gums near a bothersome tooth
- Prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Difficulty chewing without pain
Getting a Root Canal
It isn’t unusual to have reservations prior to root canal therapy, but there is no need to stress. Our dentists specialize in root canal procedures and after assessing your situation, we can recommend the best course of action. Usually, the root canal procedure is fairly straight forward:
- First, the dentist takes x-rays to gauge the tooth damage.
- To prevent discomfort, the dentist will use an IV sedation, to help reduce anxiety and discomfort.
- Then, the dentist will make an opening in the crown of the tooth to clean out decayed pulp.
- Lastly, the tooth is sealed. Depending on the severity of decay additional medication may be needed.
Don’t Fear a Root Canal, Schedule Today!
In order to get you the proper treatment, Greeley Dental Health will present you with your options. Contact our office by calling (970) 353-4329 or by using our online scheduling tool so we can evaluate your dental needs and preserve your smile.